Marmite Crispy Chicken
Brought to you by Esther Tan - The Food Affectionists (Facebook)
- 2 boneless chicken legs, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 beaten egg, use only half
- 4 – 5 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2!tsp salt
- Few dashes of white pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp marmite
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp JiaXiang anchovy powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until thicken. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place the chicken cubes, 1/2 beaten egg, salt and pepper, mix well. Marinate for at least 30 mins in the fridge. Add in flour to the chicken and mix well before cook.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan Deep fry the chicken over medium heat until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towel
- Clean the frying pan and add in marmite sauce. When the sauce is bubbling, add in the fried chicken cubes and toss well. Serve and enjoy!